CW3 will work with public health officials to notify adult leaders, youth, and their families if the organization becomes aware that a participant or adult leader has developed COVID-19 and may have been infectious to others while at a youth activity.
- CW3 has educated all staff on protocols and requirements, including state and local regulations, CDC recommendations, and other necessary safety information.
- CW3 is prepared to shut down and stop operations if necessary due to health concerns.
- CW3 will provide adequate field space for social distancing.
- CW3 will follow MSYSA phase 5 guidelines for return to contact training activities and games.
The following steps will be taken by all CW3 coaches:
- Ensure they (as coaches) are healthy and check their temperature before activities with others.
- Conduct all training sessions and games outdoors and in compliance with state and local social distancing guidelines.
- Wear a mask during training sessions.
- Ensure they (as coaches) are the only person to handle equipment (e.g. cones); do not enlist parental or player assistance.
- The use of scrimmage jerseys or bibs is prohibited at this time.
- The use of shared team benches is prohibited at this time.
- You must complete the MSYSA/CW3 waiver linked at the bottom of this email before your child attends training.
- Ensure your child is healthy, and check your child’s temperature before activities with others. If your child has experienced any feelings of being ill, or any COVID-19 symptoms, do not send your child to practice.
- If your child becomes ill for any reason, please contact your branch Director of Coaching:
- CW3 – Mike Scobie (248-941-2711)
- If you are not attending training or games due to any reason other than illness, please contact your head coach.
- Be sure your child has necessary sanitizing products with them at training and games.
- Ensure all equipment (cleats, ball, shin guards etc.) is sanitized before and after every training and game.
- Consider not carpooling or very limited carpooling.
- Stay in your vehicle whenever possible. If you must leave your vehicle, adhere to social distance requirements and wear a mask based on current state and local health requirements.
- Per the latest executive order, spectators should be limited to 2 per player.
- Do not assist your coach with equipment before or after training and games.
- If you have questions or concerns about club-related activities, please contact your coach via email or phone.
- Ensure your child’s clothing is washed after training activities and games.
- Take your temperature daily and especially before activities with others.
- Wear a mask during contact training activities and games when social distancing is not possible.
- Wash hands thoroughly before and after club activities.
- Bring, and use, hand sanitizer with you at training and games.
- Practice social distancing on the sidelines during training and games.
- Other than soccer balls, do not share equipment with other players.
- Wear a mask from your car to the field before club activities and from the field back to your car after club activities. This protects others in the event that you are unknowingly carrying the virus.
- Do not touch the coach’s equipment, including cones.
- Practice social distancing, place bags and equipment at least 6 feet apart.
- No group celebrations, high-5s, hugs, handshakes, fist-bumps, etc.
- Follow all CDC guidelines as well those of your local health authorities.